The University Publishing Unit (UPU) was established in April 2018, under the university publishing regulations issued by the University Council. UPU officially launched its functions at the beginning of the 2018/2019 academic year, following five months of preparation and institutionalizing. UPU was temporarily within the Office of the Vice President for Community Affairs, until it formally become part and parcel of the university's structure.
As an executive publisher, UPU aims to institutionalize a scientific publishing system at the university, by enforcing the instructions of the university publishing, and by following up on the scientific publication carried out by the university faculties, institutes and centers.UPU documents, promotes and distributes the university's publications and assists the Special Committee with the revision of the manuscripts of publications. UPU is interested in networking with academic, community and commercial publishing houses, creating intellectual spaces with peer units in the Arab world.
- Rashad Twam, Vice President Office for Community Affairs ( Coordinator)
- Suhaila Abdel Latif, Ibrahim Abu Lughod Institute for International Studies
- Ghadeer Awad, Birzeit University Museum
- Abeer Dirbas, Institute of Law
- Sawsan Sayej, Institute of Environmental and Water Studies
- Bashir Doha, Faculty of Arts.
- Joyce Kashou, Muwatin Institute for Democracy and Human Rights
- Saleh Masharqa, Media Development Center
- Shiraz Nasr, Institute of Community and Public Health
- Ayman Rezeqallah, Center for Development Studies.
- Lama Safi, Faculty of Law and Public Administration.
- Sawsan Sayej, Institute of Environmental and Water Studies.
- Sawsan Wadi, Institute of Women’s Studies
- Nadia Fawadleh, Office of the Vice President for Community Affairs (Administrative Assistant)