The Birzeit University Computer Center uses state-of-the-art equipment to serve staff and students, providing software on personal computers using local and external networks for various administrative and training purposes. The center offers the following services:
- Personal accounts
- Wireless network
- Ritaj (Academic and Administrative Portal)
- Maintenance and technical support services
- Private virtual network
- Software development
- Sound and video services
- E-learning tools
The university offers the following general services:
- Accident insurance for students
- Food coupons for needy students
- A “Lost and Found” service
- Identity cards issued to university employees and students
Information about student cafeterias, the prices of food and services, and the names of providers via the following two links:
To educate and guide university students regarding public safety, the university holds specialized working sessions, and issues safety instructions on a regular basis.
- Provision of primary health care (educational, preventive, diagnostic, treatment and follow-up) for students and staff
- Provision of certain free medications to students only
- Transfer of patients that require special follow-up by specialists or doctors in hospitals
- Provision of dental care
- Management of student health insurance
Follow-up on students’ needs for boarding (26 apartments benefiting 109 students).
- Internet service
The library offers wireless internet access in all library halls.
- Lending tablets
The library provides quality lending tablets for interested students.
- Lending textbooks
The library provides a set of course textbooks taught at the university for needy students for one semester.
- Services for those with special needs
The library provides a set of hardware, in addition to Brill books for one semester.
The university is keen to pay attention to students with special needs. So, an office has been set up for this purpose to assist students with visual, hearing and motor disabilities, by providing support and satisfying their academic, social and psychological needs.
The office provides the following services:
- Audio scanning for all the curricula to be converted into Braille
- Printing books after enlarging the text for the visually impaired students
- To provide students with the tools to facilitate the educational process as a device for recording classroom observations in voice and text
- To facilitate the access to wheelchairs for students with motor disabilities, and conduct hearing tests at the speech and hearing clinic in the university
- To facilitate the registration and admission process, and follow their own affairs until graduation
- To accommodate the university buildings and classrooms, especially for students with motor disabilities
- To offer any service that facilitates and supports the learning process for them
- "Friends of the Disabled," is one of the sources that provide support for the students during the university life, such as assistance in the writing of their exams and homework
Other university services
A waiting lounge has been created to facilitate service delivery to those who need it. Applications for the Master’s programs have been automated in a way that admission committee members can retrieve, study and write their own recommendations, in addition to automating students’ graduation certificates, as well as computerizing the recording process of MA theses. All these processes will reduce paperwork and are facilitated through the library’s services.