Hani Shtaya: Associate Professor.in Pharmaceutics / Pharmaceutical Technology at Birzeit University, Ph.D. of Pharmaceutics & Pharmaceutical Technology, Department of Pharmacy, National and Capodistrian University of Athens. (First Class Honours, 10/10). The subject of Doctoral thesis: ‘‘Preparation and evaluation of multi-layer tablets from polymers’’.
Professional and Academic Career
8/2012 - Present, Assistant Professor, Birzeit University
18-4-2013 –to 31-8-2018 Director of Sameh Darwazeh Institute of Industrial Pharmacy, Birzeit University.
1-9-2015- to 20-8-2016, Director of Mater Industrial Pharmaceutical Technology, Birzeit University.
10-8-2012- to 30-8-2015, Acting chair of Pharm D. Birzeit University,
9/2016 to the 2/2017Assistant professor, Al-Quds University, Faculty of Pharmacy (Part-time)
2/2012 to 8/2012 Assistant professor, Bitzeit University, Pharm D program (Part-time)
01/11/2003 – 31-8-2012: Assistant Director of research and Development Department at Birzeit Pharmaceutical Co.My major responsibility was to develop generic drugs(liquid, solid and semi- solid dosage form), Technology Transfer From R&D to Production, Technology Transfer FromHigh Shear Granulator to FBD for Solid Dosage Form and Environmental team member from 2007 until 8-2012.A wide range of knowledge of quality guidance: GMPs, GLPs, ICH, Process Analytical Technology (PAT) and Pharmaceutical Quality by Design, Statistical Analysis.01/09/2002-01/10/2003:
Instructor (Assistant professor)(P.D. 407/80)at the Department Pharmaceutical, in the division of Pharmaceutical Technology of the University of Athens.
Training in the departments of Drug Production (humid, semi solid, and solid dosage forms) and Quality Control Department of REMEK PHARMACEUTICAL-COSMETICS SA, (01/1997-12/1997)
Ongoing research projects
1- Formulation and characterization of a novel, multifunctional co processed excipient by FBD and its effect as a diluent on Paracetamol tablets
2- Enhancement of (Valsartan/ Hydrochlorothiazide) tablet permeability, and investigation the effect of penetration enhancers through sac technique
3- Preparation of Topical diclofenac sodium spray and investigation the effect of different penetration enhancers on the drug permeation rate.
4- Pharmaceutical Serialization
5- Using Palestinian “Zaatar” extract as Natural preservatives for pediatric liquid oral dosage forms.
6- Development – Formulation and Evaluation of Topical products with Antiviral-Anti-fungus and anti-bacterial activity
7- Effect of Beverage combustion on drug absorption of different drugs
“This project aims to evaluate the possible interactions between some selected drugs and to help healthcare professionals and patients to become more knowledgeable about drug-beverage interactions to avoid their occurrence as they may affect the drug’s efficacy in a very significant way”
8- Formulation And Evaluation Of Two Layer Ibuprofen Tablets
We finished the first experimental stage of the project and we are in the second experimental stage
9- SULTA gene among middle east population
This project conducted in cooperation with researchers from BZU and researchers from Petra University. In progress
“In this study, we have enrolled samples for detection of polymorphism and allele frequencies of one gene of the drug metabolizing enzymes encoding for phenol sulfotransferase SULT1A1. Using standard PCR method followed by Restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP). Two alleles; SULT1A1*1 and SULT1A1*2 of SULT1A1 gene could be detected and the genotypes of SULT1A1*1 homozygousity and heterozygosity could be clearly defined and discriminated”
10- Breast cancer (BRACA1,BRACA2) AMONG Jordanian Females
This project conducted in cooperation with researchers from BZU and researchers from Petra University. In progress
“In the current study, the five most pathogenic mutations in the BRCA1 was studied using a robust and sensitive in vitro nucleic acid amplification test based on DNA sequencing technology for genotyping the single-nucleotide mutations screening. Furthermore, the frequencies of the mutations in BRCA1 was compared to the data provided by WHO databases for the MENA region and worldwide”
11- Analysis of nicotine cartridge solution and electronic-cigarettes vapor withdrawn from e-cigarettes sold in the Palestinian Market: health hazardous components determination. The project in progress
“Abstract : E-cigarettes are commercially promoted by vendors and some health harm reduction advocates as a safe alternative to cigarettes, and in some instances, as smoking cessation aids or for cutting down smoking by those not willing to quit or eliminate their nicotine dependence. However, little independent research has been conducted about their ingredients and health hazards these chemicals might impose on their users.
12- Lifestyle and molecular Determinants of Vitamin D deficiency in Birzeit University: A study on Birzeit University Students.
This project was funded from the Office of the Vice-president for Academic Affairs We finished from the experimental stage and we are is in the final stage of results evaluation
1- L- Ascorbic Acid ,dl- Alpha-tocopherol acetate and grape seed oil as depigmentation agents
2- Bioactivity, anticancer activity, and protection from Ultra Violet Exposure of Grape Seed oil and Extract
3- The antimicrobial, antifungal and anti-cancer effects of Amygdalin B17 from Palestinian almond
4- Formulation of Nasal drop herbal supplement for jaundice
1- Development – Formulation and Evaluation of Topical products with Antiviral-Anti-fungus and anti-bacterial activity
2- Pharmaceutical Serialization
3- Using Palestinian “Zaatar” extract as a Natural preservative for pediatric liquid oral dosage forms
4- Preparation of Topical diclofenac sodium spray and investigation the effect of different penetration enhancers on the drug permeation rate ( master thesis )
5- Florfenicol & Flunixin meglumine Injectable solution Formulation & development ( master thesis )
6- Antimicrobial Activity Of Medicinal Plants Extract (Essential Oils And Hydrosol), And Their Potential Uses As Natural Preservatives In Nonsterile Multiple Dosage Pharmaceutical Forms
1- Examiner for Master thesis: Preparation of Topical Folic Acid Gel And Investigation the Effects of Different Penetration Enhancers On The Drug Permeation Rate, BZU
2- External examiner for Master thesis: Formulation and evaluation of Immediate-release Pregabalin Tablets / Al- Quds University
3- External examiner for Master thesis: Fate of Pharmaceutical Compounds in Wadi AlQilt Catchment Area
Zamala program: from 1-7 2014 to 30 8-2014 at Ghent University
Subject: Extrusion spheronisationtechnology and its applications in the pharmaceutical industry
- Hosniyeh E. Ladadweh, Hiba H. Falana, Jannat M. Ma’ali, Pinar A. Aweis, Hanan N. Nofal and Hani A. Naseef, Antimicrobial Resistance Pattern of Pseudomonas aeruginosa from Different Clinical Specimens: Survey Article, American Journal of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Volume 16 No. 0, 2021, 1-8, DOI: https://doi.org/10.3844/ajptsp.2021.1.8
- YOUSEF SAHOURY, HANI NASEEF, MOHAMMAD FARRAJ, MOAMMAL QURT, LINA EL- KHAIRY, Antimicrobial Activity of Oleuropine and Thyme Extracts Against Selected Pathogenic Microorganisms and their Potential Uses as Natural Preservatives, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL RESEARCH, Volume 13 ,Issue 1, Jan - Mar, 2021, DOI: https://doi.org/10.31838/ijpr/2021.13.01.178
- Hani A. Naseef , Ni'meh Al-Shami, Lilian S. Abu Hadba, Leen A. Humos, Ruba N. Shaheen, Tanya T. Mitwasi, Lina El –Khairy, Knowledge, attitudes and practices about Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) among Birzeit University students: A cross-sectional study, Research Square, DOI:10.21203/rs.3.rs-83268/v1
- Imad T Asmar, Nimeh Al-Shami, Areefa A Karsh , Fuad A AlFayyah , Ro’a M Dagher, Maram K Jaghama , Hani Naseef, Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on the Psychological Status of Palestinian Adults in the West Bank, Palestine; A Cross Sectional Study, Research Square, DOI: 10.21203/rs.3.rs-87861/v1
- Naseef H, Amria A, Asrawi A, Al-Shami N, Dreidi M, “The Acceptance and Awareness of Healthcare Providers towards Doctor of Pharmacy (Phram D) in the Palestinian Health Care System” Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal (2020),DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsps.2020.07.007
- Nidal Batrawi, Fuad Al-Rimawi, Moammal Qurt, Hani Naseef, “Development and Evaluation of Parenteral Solution Containing Florfenicol and Flunixin Meglumine for Veterinary Use”. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research,Volume 52, Issue 2, September - October 2018, p. 30-43
- Naseef H, Moqadi R, Qurt M, “Development and Validation of an HPLC Method for Determination of Antidiabetic Drug Alogliptin Benzoate in Bulk and Tablets”, Journal of Analytical Methods in Chemistry, Volume 2018, Article ID 1902510, 7 pages, https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/1902510
- Hani Naseef , Heba Qadadha, Yara Abu Asfour, Israr Sabri, Fuad Al-Rimawi , Luay Abu-Qatouseh , Mohammad Farraj, “Anticancer, antibacterial, and antifungal activities of Arum Palaestinum plant extracts”, World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research ,Volume 6, Issue 15,Novemper 2017, p. 31-43.
- Nidal Batrawi, Hani Naseef - shtaya ,Fuad Al-Rimawi, Development and Validation of a Stability-Indicating HPLC Method for the Simultaneous Determination of Florfenicol and Flunixin Meglumine Combination in an Injectable Solution, Journal of Analytical Methods in Chemistry vol. 2017(doi:10.1155/2017/1529280):7 · July 2017
- Hani Naseef , Aseel Samaro, Moammal S. Qurt, Haneen Nakhleh, Noorhan Kadamani, Ramzi Moqadi, Mohammed Enaya, Formulation and evaluation of oral biphasic drug delivery system of Metronidazole using HPMC polymer, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science Invention, Volume 5 Issue 7 November 2016 ,PP. 22-30
- Marilena Vlachou, Hani Naseef, Manuel Efentakis, Utilization of hydrophilic swellable polymers as carriers for sustained drug delivery from matrices and three layer tablet systems, Curr. Drug Delivery. 7, 334-42, (2010).
- M. Efentakis, N. Hani, M. Vlachou,Two and three-layer tablet drug delivery systems for oral sustained release of soluble and poorly soluble drugs, Drug Dev Ind Pharm, 36(8), 903-916, (2010).
- H. Naseef, A. Soultan, M. Stamatoudis, Effect of Impeller Blade Height on the Drop Size Distribution in Agitated Dispersions, Chemical Engineering & Technology, Volume 29, Issue 5 , Pages 583 – 587 (2006)
- Marilena Vlachou, Hani Naseef, Manuel Efentakis, Image analysis studies of dimensional changes in swellable hydrophilic polymer matrices, Polymers for Advanced Technologies, Volume 15, Issue 11, Date: November 2004, Pages: 683-689
- Sulfasalazine matrix coating with low mw DL-POLY (LACTIC ACID), Naseef Hani, Efentakis Manolis, Vlachou Marilena, European journal of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics vol. 28, No 1, Special Issue 2003, 65-66
- Image analysis studies of water transport and dimensional changes in hydrophilic swellable polymer matrices, Naseef Hani, Efentakis Manolis, Vlachou Marilena,, European journal of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics,. vol. 28, , No 1, Special Issue, 2003 , 31
- M. Vlachou, H. Naseef, M. Efentakis, P. Tarantili, A.G. Andreopoulos, Swelling properties of various polymers used in controlled release systems. , Journal of Biomaterials Application, 15, (4), 293-306 (2001).
- M. Vlachou, N. Hani, M. Efentakis, P. Tarantili, A.G. Andreopoulos., Polymers for use in controlled release systems: The effect of surfactants on their swelling properties. Journal of Biomaterials Applications, 15, (3), 65-77 (2000).