Name: Ademar Dib Ezzughayyar
Nationality: Palestinian, Brazilian
Date of Birth: 3/7/1952
Place of Birth: Sao Paulo-Brazil
Marital Status: Married
Number of Children: Six
Department of Biology & Biochemistry
P.O.Box 14, Birzeit,
Tel: (02) 2982162/2982951
Fax: (02) 2982084
Email: [email protected]
1983-1986: Ph.D. in Invertebrate Endocrinology.
Thesis Title: "Studies on the dorsal bodies and the central nervous system of Arion rufus (mollusca, gastropods, pulmonate).
Department of Zoology, University of Lille I. FRANCE
1978-1980: Master degree in Invertebrate Zoology.
Thesis Title: "Comparative sexual endocrinology”. Histological study of the reproduction cycle of Pectin maximus. (Bivalvia, Mollusca).
Department of Zoology, University of CAEN - FRANCE.
1973-1976: B.Sc. in Biology
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Jordan. Amman - JORDAN.
1971-1973: Associate in science
Birzeit College - West Bank/Palestine.
1970-1971: General Secondary School Certificate of Jordan
Bethlehem Secondary School
2004-2006: Chairman of Biology & Biochemistry Department.
2001: Associate Professor (Zoology and Environmental Archaeozoology). Department of Biology & Biochemistry. Birzeit University – Palestine.
1994-1997: Chairman of Biology & Biochemistry Department, at Birzeit University. Birzeit, Palestine.
1986-2001: Assistant Professor (zoology) Biology & Biochemistry Department, Birzeit University, Birzeit, Palestine.
1981-1983: Instructor of Biology at Biology & Biochemistry Department, Birzeit University, Palestine.
1976-1978: Teacher of Science & Biology at Jericho Secondary School, Jericho, Palestine.
- Palestinian Society of Biological Sciences.
- Palestinian Committee of National Biodiversity Strategy.
- International Council of Archaeozoology.
- Administrative Committee of Union of teachers- and employees of universities and private institutes - Palestine.
- French Foreign Ministry Fellowship: July-September/1995. (Valbone University - France).
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Program) July-September/1994. Study visit at Jena University - Germany.
- French Government Scholarship for Ph.D. degree: 1983-1986.
Current Research Interests:
- Archaeozoology of molluscan fauna from Palestinian archaeological sites.
- Trace metals content in the landsnails of Palestine.
- Biodiversity & environmental studies of marine shores.
- Aquaculture of Molluscan Bivalvia
- Arabic (mother tongue)
List of Publications:
1) EZZUGHAYYAR, A. and Lubet, P. (1980). Etude Histologique du cycle de reproduction chez Pecten maximum L. (Mollusques Lamellibrances).
Colloque de la Societe Zoologique de France, (1-58) CAEN, FRANCE.
2) EZZUGHAYYAR, A. and Wattez, C. (1989). Relationship between the dorsal body activity and the female reproductive activity in the slug Arion rufus L.
C.R. Acad. Paris, T. 309, Serie III, p. (505 - 511).
3) EZZUGHAYYAR Ademar (1993). Neurosecretory cells in the central nervous system of the red slug, Arion rufus L. Inverteb. Neurobiol. 2(16):1-9.
4) EZZUGHAYYAR A.; Al-Zawahra, M. and Salem, H. (1996). Molluscan fauna of Early Bronze strata of Tell Jenin (West Bank - Palestine). Journal of Archaeological Science. 23, 1-6
5) EZZUGHAYYAR, A. and Al-Zawahra, M. (1996). Molluscan fauna of Tell Ta'annek (Northern West Bank - Palestine). J. Archaeozoologia VIII. 1, 71-88.
6) Al-Zawahra, M. and EZZUGHAYYAR, A. (1998). Equid remains from the Bronze Age at site 4 of Tell Jenin (Palestine).
In: proceedings of the third International symposium of the ASWA III (ed. H. Buitenhuis and H.P. Uerpmann): Backhys Publishers, III: 130-134. Groningen, The Nether Lands.
7) Swaileh, K. M and EZZUGHAYYAR, A. (2000). Effects of dietary Cd and Cu on feeding and growth rates of the landsnail Helix engaddensis.
Ecotoxicology and Environmental safety 47:253-260.
8) Swaileh, K.M., Rabay’a, N. Salim, R. EZZUGHAYYAR, A and A. Abed Rabbo (2001). Concentration of heavy metals in roadside, soils, Plants, and land snails from the West Bank, Palestine. J. Environ. Sci. Health, A36 (5): 765-778
9) Swaileh, K.M. Rabay’a, N. Salim, R. EZZUGHAYYAR, A. and A. Abed Rabbo (2001). Levels of trace metals and effect of body size on metal content of the landsnail Levantina hierosylima from the West Bank – Palestine, J. Environ. Sci. Health, A36(7). 1373-1388
10) Swaileh, K.M. and EZZUGHAYYAR, A. (2001). Dose-dependent effects of dietary Pb and Zn on feeding and growth rates of the landsnail Helix engaddensis. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety: 50(1):9-14
11) EZZUGHAYYAR, A. and L. Glock (2001). Flotation samples of archaeomalacological remains from the late Bronze Age of the site 4 of Tell Jenin (West Bank, Palestine).
In: Proceedings of the International symposium of Archaeozoology and Environment – Animals and Man in the Past (ed. H. Buitenhuis and W. Prummel): ARC-publicaties, 41: 342 – 345. Groningen, The Netherlands.
12) Qazzaz, M. and EZZUGHAYYAR, A. (2005). Reproduction and sex. 2nd
Edition. Beit al-Maqdis Publisher 1-96. Ramallah-Palestine.
13) Swaileh,K.M.Hussein,R.andEZZUGHAYYAR,A (2008).Evaluating wastewater-induced plant genotoxicity using randomly amplified polymorphic DNA. Environ. Toxicol.23(1): 117-22.
14) Ezzughayyar, A. and Swaileh K. (2014) .Archaeological analysis of molluscan fauna from the Late Bronze Age stratum of site 4 of Tell Jenin (Northern West Bank, Palestine ). BAR International Series 2666. N0.17
Other Related Experiences:
Nov. 2000- Nov. 2001: Membership of Palestinian Institute of Archaeology at Birzeit University.
June 1999: Workshop on Regional Strategy to Combat Desertification in the Middle East Countries- Ministry of Environmental affairs – Palestine.
Workshop on Palestinian strategy for national biodiversity programme – sponsored by Palestinian Environmental Authority.
Sept. 1994: DEUQUA (German Union for Quaternary Research) – Palaeoecology & Archaeozoology of large mammals. Leipzig – GERMANY.
July 1994: Workshop on microtechinque & Histochemmistry at Birzeit University – Palestine. Sponsored by British Council in Jerusalem.
1992-2000: Part-time job, at Open University of Jerusalem, Palestine. istochemmstry hhhhhhid
- Master Thesis supervision:
1) Systematic study, Ecology and Geographic distribution of Land snails ( Mollusca) from the occupied Palestinian Territories (West Bank ).2018
By : Elias Nabil Handal
Superviser: Dr. Ademar Ezzughayyar
II. Committee Member (Examiner) :
1) Lady beetles (Coccinellidae: Coleoptera),in the West bank of Palestine: Survey of endemic species, geographic distribution and ecological significance. (2018)
By : Muhammad Hussein Salem Najajrah
2) Fungal occurrence and Aflatoxins levels in foodstuff marketed in Palestine and Evaluation of honey to reduce Aflatoxin B1 toxicity in Albino Rats. (2018)
By: Sanade Barakat
3) The effectiveness of using project based learning in educational platforms on tenth grader,s achievement and conceptual change in teaching Genetics. (2015)
By: Sherin Jamal Sherif
4) Health risks associated with consumption of untreated water from household roof catchment systems.(2008)
By : Abed Allateef Khalid Dawod.
5) Molecular identification of microbial communities in wastewater treatment systems.( 2006).
By : Ratib Muhammad Muhammad
1) Oct. 1998:
Second International Conference of Global Paleoclimatic changes UNESCO chair for Desert studies- Yarmouk University – Jordan.
2) Sept. 1996
Third conference of the International council for Archaeozoology ASWA III, in Budapest – Hungary.
3) 3) October 2010
4) 11th ( ICAZ)-Conference at the Museum Nationale de Histoire
Naturelle : International Conference of Archaeozoology
5) October 2018
International Conference on Vetrenary,Agriculture and life sciences.
(ICVALS ) , Antalya- Turkey.
6) May 2019
International Conference on research in Education and science (ICRES) ,Cesme- Turkey.
1) Workshop on Biodiversity and taxonomy in Arab countries. Sponsored by UNESCO at sharm el-Sheikh (Egypt)
1) 2) Workshop on aquaculture industry & marine ecology , IFREMER stations in Paris and Montpelliar – FRANCE