Industrial Pharmaceutical Technology
To prepare and train specialized technicians, scientists and experts in pharmaceutical manufacturing by fostering the relations between the pharmaceutical industry sector and the academic and research institutions according to the mission of Birzeit University.
The program aims to strengthen the Palestinian pharmaceutical industry sector and the governmental Palestinian institutions by graduating unique students with sufficient practical experience to work at local pharmaceutical companies and related governmental institutions, and to attain the needed change and development in the pharmaceutical industry sector in Palestine as well as to maintain quality control by:
- Providing training opportunities at the model Pharmaceutical Pilot Plant at Birzeit University, which is equipped with the newest pharmaceutical manufacturing technologies.
- Providing specialized training courses of high quality to improve the skills of people working in the pharmaceutical industry sector.
- Strengthening the relations between the industrial sector and academic and research institutions.
- Acquiring skills for using industrial and analytical techniques employed within the field of pharmaceutical industry.
Upon the completion of the program, the student will be able to gain the following:
- Knowledge of basic concepts related to pharmaceutical validation and the importance of its employment towards the development of the pharmaceutical industry sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic and advanced operations employed within the field of manufacturing of pharmaceutical products.
- Knowledge of the role of microorganisms that have an impact on the pharmaceutical product and manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of the theoretical and practical principles of technologies used to design and manufacture pharmaceutical solid dosage forms.
- Knowledge and understanding of the theoretical and practical principles of technologies involved in the production of liquid, semi-solid, aerosols and sterile dosage forms so that they are effective, safe and stable.
- Design a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility that conforms to the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulations.
- Analyzes and explains the importance of using preservatives and the concept of different sterilization methods
- Design and manufacture solid, semi-solid, liquid, gas and sterile dosage forms that are effective, safe and stable.
- Employ new technologies and their relevant applications in pharmaceutical manufacturing fields.
- Evaluate Pharmaceutical Quality Management Systems and Regulatory Affairs through discussing local and international regulations and guidelines.
- Explore various techniques employed in development and manufacturing of controlled release drug delivery systems.
- Evaluate the different modern instrumental techniques for pharmaceutical analysis
- Analyzes the problems in the pharmaceutical industry sector and propose appropriate solutions.
- Employ scientific knowledge to contribute towards the advancement of the pharmaceutical industry in Palestine.
- Apply scientific research, data analysis skills and biostatistics concepts in the health field.
- Acquire management, organizational, supervision and decision making skills.
- Acquire the skills of marketing in general and the pharmaceutical marketing in particular.
Pharmaceutical industry, regulatory positions, research and academia.