Contemporary Arab Studies
This program aims at providing students with in depth and analytical knowledge of contemporary Arab issues from an Arab perspective; that is, how problems and their significance are articulated and debated in contemporary Arab discourse and in the writings of diverse Arab intellectuals.
Our aims are:
- To train scholars for researching and writing about the various (political, social, cultural) aspects of Arabic world society and understanding it’s international and regional contexts, and its impact on the Palestinians and the Arab countries.
- Provide our graduates with excellent academic research, theoretical, and critical-thinking skills.
- Contribute to the general knowledge and public debates within the university community and the community at large.
We expect our students to have a good sense and knowledge of:
- Research Methods in the Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Structure of Contemporary Arab Society.
- The nature of Contemporary Arab Culture.
- Issues and Trends in Contemporary Arab Thought.
- The Arab Political System.
- Political Geography of the Arab World.
Our students will be qualified to seek jobs at:
- research institutes in Palestine and in the Arab region.
- various media organs and newspapers.
- official government bodies and international organizations.