The mission of the master program in mathematics is to provide high quality teaching in various fields of mathematics in order to prepare students for PhD studies or professional careers in mathematical sciences and related fields.
- Enrich mathematical knowledge.
- Enhance research in different areas of mathematics.
- Provide a broad understanding of the major areas in mathematics.
- Demonstrate the ability to think logically and critically.
- Learn how to formulate, analyze, and solve problems.
- Gain the ability of scientific judgment and applying mathematics to other fields.
- Develop oral and written communication skills.
After completing the program, graduates program acquire the following knowledge and concepts and shall be able to:
- Know the fundamental facts, principles, and concepts of the discipline.
- Perform the essential mathematical computations/operations.
- Explain the theory / applications of several mathematical areas.
- Investigate and solve math problems.
- Display and interpret data.
- Summarize scientific and mathematical concepts for a general audience.
- Read mathematics critically.
- Create, analyze, and communicate rigorous proofs.
- Utilize appropriate technology and instruments to solve problems.
- Model a significant real world problem and solve it using mathematical techniques.
- Use numerical techniques for solving mathematical problems
- Appreciation of the dynamic role of mathematics in science, society and history.
- Employ mathematics in research and coursework.
- Communicate mathematical ideas in appropriate contexts both orally and in writing.
- Exhibit ethical and professional behavior.
Graduates of the program will be able to work in the following areas:
- Ministry of Education(Schools and administration)
- Universities and colleges.
- Financial Establishments.
- Palestinian Central Breuer of Statistics.
- Research centers.
- Pursue PhD studies