Samer is an Assistant Professor and Head of Computer Science Department at Birzeit University. Besides being academic, Samer has also been involved as software engineer in many industrial software development projects of different domains and contexts (mostly large scale) since year 2000. He took his Masters degree in Software Engineering from Northumbria University, UK in 2004 and his Doctoral degree in Mobile Software Engineering from IIUM University, Malaysia in 2016. During his doctoral study, Samer focused on mobile application testing methods and frameworks and provided novel automation testing tools and solutions. In addition, Samer specialized in Systematic Literature Reviews (SLR) and Systematic Mapping Studies (SMS) methodologies. Samer already published his work in top peer-reviewed software engineering venues such as Journal of Systems and Software (JSS), SoMeT and ICIT. He is also active in the area of static-code analysis methods, mining mobile applications' source code, and Big Data. Samer is currently serving as external reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Journal of Systems and Software, Computer & Electrical Journal, IAJIT,and IGI Global venues.
- Musleh, I., Zain, S., Nawahdah, M., & Salleh, N. (2018, September). Automatic Generation of Android SQLite Database Components. In New Trends in Intelligent Software Methodologies, Tools and Techniques: Proceedings of the 17th International Conference SoMeT_18 (Vol. 303, p. 3). IOS Press.
- Zein, S., Salleh, N., &Grundy, J. (2017, October). Static Analysis of Android Apps for Lifecycle Conformance. In 8th International Conference on Information Technology (ICIT) 2017 (pp. 102-109) IEEE Conference Publications.
- Zein, S., Salleh, N., & Grundy, J. (2016). A systematic mapping study of mobile application testing techniques. Journal of Systems and Software,117, 334-356.
- Zein, S., Salleh, N., & Grundy, J. (2015, September). Mobile Application Testing in Industrial Contexts: An Exploratory Multiple Case-Study. InInternational Conference on Intelligent Software Methodologies, Tools, and Techniques (pp. 30-41). Springer International Publishing.
- Zein, S., Eleyan, D., & Garfield, J. (2012, September). Automated user interface testing for web applications and TestComplete. In Proceedings of the CUBE International Information Technology Conference (pp. 350-354). ACM.