Marital status: married
1997-2000 PhD Arabic language and literature. Dissertation: "Modern Arabic Poetry in Palestine (The pioneers): A stylistic study.
1985-1986 M.A. Teaching Arabic to speakers of other languages. Thesis: the complex sentence in the Middle East Newspaper: a study in light of the generative grammar theory.
1977-1981, B.A. Arabic language and literature.
2000-2016 Assistant Professor, Department of Arabic language and literature
2000-2001 Part-time Assistant Professor of Arabic language and literature
1995-2000 lecturer in the Department of Arabic language and literature, Birzeit University
1991-2009 Assistant Professor, Al-Quds Open University
1986-1995 Lecturer in the department of Arabic language and literature, Birzeit University
1982-1984 Teacher Assistant, department of Arabic language and literature, Birzeit University
1980-1982 Arabic language teacher, Turmusayya secondary school.
1999-2001 faculty advisor, Faculty of Arts
2007-2009 Head of the department of Arabic language and literature, Birzeit University
1987, 1989, 1999, 2001, 2007, 2009, 20013 Arts Council member
1999-2005, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015 Academic Council member
1999-2001 member of the Admissions Committee
1987- Now faculty member in the Palestine and Arabic studies program
2000-2012 Admissions Committee member
2003 member of the Committee to assist new students with laws and regulations.
2001 member of the academic regulations Review Committee.
1997 member of the commission to facilitate the transfer of Palestine and Arabic studies program from the umbrella of Vice President for Academic Affairs to that of the Dean of the Faculty of Arts.
Arabic to speakers of other languages, the art of writing the essay, literary writing and art of expression, Arabic language skills, Introduction to the study of Arabic literature, introduction to Arabic Linguistics, introduction to education, general teaching methods, practicum, semantics and Arabic lexicography, rhetoric and meter, meter and rhyme, Arabic philology, functional syntax, modern Arabic literature, seminar courses.
Membership in Community Associations:
Member of the reading Committee at Ugarit Center for translation and publication 2000-2015
Member of the reading Committee of the Union of Palestinian writers 2001-2014.
Member of the membership Committee of the Union of Palestinian writers since 2001.
Chairman of the Administrative Board of the Birzeit University Alumni Club 1998-2009.
Member of the board of Bayt Al-magdes Literature Center 213-2015.
Vice Chairman of Ugarit Center for translation and publication 2011- Now.
1. Memory and Creativity: Reading of a contemporary Palestinian novelist, Al- Qassimy Academy, Western Baqa- 2014.
2. Literary Readings: Al-Gindy Publishing House, AL- RAM – 2013.
Interrogation of Contemporary Palestinian Novel: AL- Aqsa Intifada as a model, Ugarit Center, Ramallah- 2009.
Wounds Glitter, Reading of a contemporary Palestinian poet, Dar Al bairaq, Ramallah-2009.
5. Phraseology in modern Palestinian poetry, Dar Al bairaq, Ramallah- 2009.
6. Texts follow-ups, Book General Commission, the Palestinian Ministry of culture,2008.
Burhanuddin Abboushi: the poet and the fighter, The Palestinian Center for Research and Strategic studies, Ramallah-2008.
7. The presence of the absent, Reading in modern Palestinian poetry, Palestinians writers Union, Jerusalem- 2005.
8. Coal Awards, Criticism, The National Institution, Ramallah- 2005.
9. Criticism approaches, Al-Majid Publishing House, AL- Bireh- 2004.
10. The narrator’s Eye, Reading of Ahmad Rafeeq Awad’s “ Al-Munjiz Al-Riwai, Al-Majid Publishing House, AL- Bireh- 2004.
Research in journals and conferences:
1. Al-Insha’ A- talabi: Mahmoud Darwish poetry as a model, Journal of linguistic and literary studies, Arabic language, Islamic World University Malaysia, 2015.
2. Meter forms in Aisha Al- baouniah: Reading the poetry collection “ Faydh Al-fadhl wa Jam’ Ash- Shaml", Mosul University College of Education Journal, 2012.
3. Formative Rhythm: Reading in modern Palestinian poetry, Sharjah Journal of Humanities, 2011
4. The manifestations of textual overlap: Al- Qadem min Al- Qiyamah as a model, Alamat journal, Kingdom of Morocco, 2010.
5. Crying on the Moon Flower, title: a semiotic reading, Dirasat journal, University of Jordan, 2009.
6. The narrative structure of “ Al-Hawaf”, Journal of Islamic University, Gaza,1994.
7. Poetic structure: a reading in the poetry of Mahmoud Darwish, text Linguistics and discourse analysis Conference III, University of Ibn Zahr-Agadir, Morocco, 2012. To be published in a book.
8. Textual Space: a reading in the novel: "Qissat Hub Maqdisiyyah" space in art and literature conference, University of Sousse-Tunisia, 2012. To be published in a book.
9. Three Portraits from Gaza: a textual reading the, Text Linguistics and Discourse Analysis Conference, University of Ibn Zahr-Agadir, Morocco, 2011. To be published in a proceeding.
10. The Cultural Component: a reading in poems collection: “Ar Raheel” "sixth Palestinian literature Conference, Bethlehem University, 2011, to be published in a proceeding.
11. The presence of Jerusalem in the Palestinian narrative after Oslo, the refereed conference: Palestinian Literature after Oslo, Hebron University, 2010. Published in the conference proceeding.
12. ports of Illusion: a semiotic reading, the refereed conference: text linguistics and discourse analysis, the University of Ibn Zahr, Agadir, Morocco, published in the refereed conference proceeding 2010.
13. Textual overlap the “coming from the hereafter” novel,
14- Pragmatics in contemporary Palestinian literature, The fourth Palestinian literature Conference, Bethlehem University, 2009. Published in the Conference booklet.
15. Jerusalem in Palestinian literature, Encyclopedia Palestina, 2010