Established in 2015 and licensed by the Palestinian Ministry of Health in 2018. The institute strives to contribute to the development of the local pharmaceutical industry and to become the local and regional reference for high-quality pharmaceutical industry and research.
Samih Darwazah Institute for Pharmaceutical Industries (SDIPI) is committed to providing scientific consultancy and conducting pharmaceutical research, training and developing of new pharmaceutical products for the private sector.
Furthermore, the institute is committed to create partnerships and conduct joint projects between scientists from government, academia, and industry to develop innovative methods to more selective and robust processes with less environmental footprint and to improve the safety of the national’s drug supply.
Key Areas of Focus
- Contract product development
- Technology transfer projects
- Contract analysis
- Regulatory services
- In site and Onsite training
Mission & Vision
Vision: The institute strives to contribute to the development of the local pharmaceutical industry, and to become the local and regional reference for high-quality pharmaceutical industry and research.
Mission: To introduce new technologies to the pharmaceutical industry, and to apply quality standards to pharmaceutical manufacturing, research and training, in order to fulfill the needs of local pharmaceutical companies and research institutions as well as other governmental institutions.
The institute is committed to providing scientific consultancy and conducting pharmaceutical research, training and development of new pharmaceutical products for the private sector.
- Building a collaborative environment between the institute and local and regional pharmaceutical companies and institutions to enhance the progress of scientific research and pharmaceutical industry;
- Developing new pharmaceutical products for pharmaceutical companies;
- Introducing new pharmaceutical technologies to local companies and provide consultancy in quality control and drug registration requirements locally and regionally;
- Conducting pharmaceutical research according to international standards and consistent with new technologies to strengthen the foundations and concepts of high-quality scientific research;
- Holding training courses and workshops in the field of advanced pharmaceutical sciences to fulfill the needs of employees in pharmaceutical industry and relevant institutions;
- Reaching out to professionals in pharmaceutical technology, especially in modern pharmaceutical technologies to conduct advanced workshops for employees in this field;
- Becoming a center for advanced training in the field of pharmaceutical manufacturing, as well as a center for analysis for master’s students in the Industrial Pharmaceutical Technology Program, which improves their scientific and practical competencies
- Cooperating with institutions relevant to the pharmaceutical industry to design and implement Quality Management Systems (QMS) for the pharmaceutical industry and pharmaceutical research;
- Conducting research projects that aim to solve relevant problems faced by the industrial sector;
- Promoting scientific collaboration with other faculties at Birzeit University and other regional and global universities;
- Contributing to the university’s mission in encouraging excellence, creativity, experimentation and innovation by conducting pharmaceutical research in optimal use of medications.