Khalil S. Hindi
(president 2010 - 2015)
Born in 1944 in Tantura (Haifa), Hindi lived with his family as a refugee in Tulkarm from 1948 to 1962. Having won a scholarship, he then moved to Lebanon to study at the American University of Beirut (AUB). He lived in England (Manchester, London) between 1971 and 2002, when he began work at AUB.
Between October 2008 and August 2010, Professor Hindi served as an associate dean and professor of Management Science at Olayan School of Business, AUB. Between October 2002 and October 2008, he was professor of Engineering Management at the Faculty of Engineering, and Professor of Management Science at Olayan School of Business, AUB. Prior to that, he taught at the University of Manchester for ten years and South Bank University, London for eight years. From October 1998 to October 2002, he was a professor in the Department of Systems Engineering at Brunel University in Middlesex.
• BEng in Electrical Engineering, American University of Beirut, June 1967
• MSc in Electrical Engineering, University of Manchester, March 1973
• PhD in Electrical Engineering, University of Manchester, March 1976
• DSc in Management Science, Brunel University, 2000
• Chartered Engineer (CEng)
• Fellow of the Institution of Electrical Engineers (FIEE)
• Chartered Mathematician (C. Math.)
• Fellow of the Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (FIMA)
• Fellow of the British Computer Society (FBCS)
• Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufacture & Commerce (FRSA)
Hindi served as a consultant for several companies, including Unilever Research Laboratories, the Water Research Centre, Jaguar Cars, Friskies Ltd (a subsidiary of Nestle) and several small and medium enterprises. In addition to his scientific research, Professor Hindi writes occasionally on Arab and Palestinian affairs.