The Department of Architecture at Birzeit University is implementing the project “Promoting Upcycling in Circular Economy through Innovation and education for creative industries in Mediterranean cities - INNOMED-UP,” which is funded by the European Union under the ENI CBC Med program. INNOMED-UP promotes innovation and education through upcycling and engaging in the circular economy for industries in Mediterranean cities.
Job Title: Administrative and Financial Assistant
Direct Supervisor: Project Manager
Department: Department of Architectural Engineering
Project: INNOMED-UP Project (251115)
Contract duration: 12 months with possibility of extension.
Support in fulfilling daily administrative and financial tasks related to INNOMED-UP project activities under the supervision of the Project Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The administrative and financial assistant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Collect the project documentation, and keep records of all project related communications.
- Runs errands, e.g. paying invoices, delivering and collecting documents.
- Coordinate, attend, and prepare minutes of the project various committees, meetings and activities.
- Assist in preparing terms of references for hiring project consultants.
- Establish communications stakeholders towards cooperation, and communication in issues related to the project.
- Ensure the implementation of the project work plan and report every stage to the steering committee.
- Carrying out all administrative tasks related to the INNOMED-UP project.
- Assist in preparing progress reports and any other reports requested by Birzeit University and the INNOMED-UP project.
- Perform any other project pertinent tasks emerged during the project.
- Follow up the daily administrative and financial tasks of the projects.
- Prepare and manage accounts for all purchases and financial matters related to the project.
- Contribute to the preparation of administrative and financial reports of the project, including external auditing of the project.
- Follow-up and preparation of all procurement related issues to the project in accordance with the donor procurement procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in procedures relating to receiving and installing equipment.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or any related field of study.
- Minimum of two years’ of experience in similar position.
- Administrative skills, preferable with background training in project management, budgeting and financial administration
- Excellent communication, teamwork and community outreach skills.
- Very Good English language (written and spoken).
- Excellent reporting and writing skills in Arabic and English.
- Computer Skills and control over various software: MS word, excel, database management.
Place of work: Birzeit University
Application must be submitted using https://ritaj.birzeit.edu/ecareers/
Please attach your CV with cover letter in the application.
Deadline for applications is April 06, 2021.