Objective 4: Effective and efficient governance and management guided by results and proactive in achieving sustainability and continuity.
"Developing and institutionalizing good governance and effective management to maximize return of human and financial resources and assets, by consolidating an environment conducive to excellence and creativity through comprehensive transformation of the managerial roles, executive functions and monitoring and evaluation processes to enhance institutional performance and productivity, with the support of information technology.”
Expected results of success
- Coherent organizational structure meets the needs of academic and administrative units while observing complementarity of roles and delineating lines of responsibilities and authorities.
- Regulations, procedures and infrastructure support the work environment through results-based management strategies that enforce transparency and accountability.
- Revenues streams are diversified and operational expenditures are rationalized.
- Assets and resources are efficiently managed and investment projects are subject to rigorous risk assessment and mitigation.
- Work environment is positive, attractive and characterized by cooperation, dialogue and mutual respect.
- Diverse portfolio of partners, donors, grants and scholarship schemes.
- Campus facilities and environs are maintained to highest standards with embedded green practices, and meet the needs of the university community, visitors and the public.
- Prominent media presence through networks of communication channels that advocate the university’s mission, direction and achievements.
Strategic Goal 4
- Deficit/surplus in the university annual budget
- Ratio of support staff to academic faculty
- Information technology usage and scope
- Revenue streams and their distributions
- Campus facilities utilization rate
- Staff and academic faculty satisfaction
- Financial aid for students
- Fundraising and advancement
- Developmental projects annual budget
- Green practices
- Libraries resources
- Media presence and performance
- Annual revenues from investments
- Institutional effectiveness audit