Who can apply?
- All BA students who have finished 27 credit hours and MA students who have finished 9 credit hours, and are not in their last semester are eligible to apply.
- Students who have the required cumulative average by the host institution.
- Students must pay attention to any language requirements mentioned in the mobility.
How long does the exchange program last?
- The exchange program lasts for one academic semester.
What expenses does the scholarship cover?
- The program provides a monthly scholarship that covers the living expenses during the mobility period, in addition to travel allowances.
Do I have to pay tuition fees in the host University?
- No, Erasmus students do not pay a tuition fee to the host institution they are, however, obliged to continue to pay tuition fees at their home university.
How can I apply?
- Find the announcement for scholarships on the Academic Mobility section on Ritaj.
- Visit the link of each university, and find the courses that match your major and your study plan.
- Find the “Learning Agreement” on Ritaj and fill out the courses, which you find suitable for your study plan.
- Pay attention to the equivalency of the credit hours in Birzeit University and the university you are applying for.
- Finally, submit your CV and the motivation letter.
What are the selection criteria?
The final selection of the candidates is made by Birzeit University, after the validation of the candidates by the home and host institution, which will take into consideration the following:
- The student’s academic merit
- The student’s cumulative average
- Motivation Letter
- The required language proficiency for the mobility you are applying for
- Academic courses in the learning agreement
How do I know if I am a possible candidate?
- You will receive a message on your Ritaj if you are qualified for an interview concerning the mobility.
Procedures after being nominated
- Students must obtain an approval from their department for the academic courses they are going to study abroad.
- Students must sign the “Learning Agreement” before the mobility, which contains the approved courses to study in the host university and their equivalence to courses in Birzeit University.
- Students must hand the “Learning Agreement” to the Admission and Registration Department after obtaining the required approvals
Where can I find more information about the Erasmus+ mobility?
- You can find more details about the mobility in the Erasmus+ student charter. Please check the link here.