Research field: Organic and Environmental Chemistry
2012-2017: PhD in organic chemistry, Hebrew University/Jerusalem/Israel
Supervisor: Prof. Dmitry Tsvelikhovsky
Title: Methodology development in total synthesis of natural products: rapid access to natural molecular frames via C-H and C-C bonds functionalization
2002-2006: MSc. in Water science and technology/Birzeit University/Ramallah/ Palestine (with distinction)
Thesis title: Pollution and water quality assessment of Wadi Al Qilt- West Bank.
Supervisor: Prof. Rashed Al-Sa’ed
1991- 1996: BSc in Chemistry, Birzeit University/Ramallah/West Bank
2016- now: Lecturer of organic chemistry/ ChemistryDepartment/ Birzeit University/Ramallah/Palestine.
2010-2012: Medicinal chemistry, Hebrew University/Jerusalem/Israel (PhD researcher in late Morris Srebnik lab)
1996 – 2012: Lab technician/ChemistryDepartment/ Birzeit University/Ramallah/West Bank.
Methodology development in total synthesis of natural products and their structural analogues.
Environmental organic chemistry including treatment of new emerging contaminants in the environment especially the non-biodegradable species.
· G. Albarghouti, S. Rayyan (2020). General method for the synthesis of substituted cyclopentenones via α-borylzirconacyclopentenes intermediates, Org. Prep. Proced. Int., 2020, 52, 1-8.
· D. Lankri†, G. Albarghouti†, M. Mahameed, D. Tsvelikhovsky. A Multifaceted α-enaminone - adaptable building block for synthesis of heterocyclic scaffolds through conceptually distinct 1,2-, 1,3-, 1,4- and C-O bond forming annulations. J. Org. Chem., 2017, 82, 7101−7113.
· G. Albarghouti†, R. Koticalapodi†, D. Lankri, V. Valerio, D. Tsvelikhovsky. Synthesis of spiranoid lactones via Wacker-Heck cascade cyclization. “ChemComm, Chem. Commun., 2016, 52, 3095-3098 (Front cover).
· O. El-Sayrafi, G. Daghrah, R. Hussein, K. Swaileh. Physico-chemical and microbial assessment of Ramallah municipal dump site. International Journal of Environmental Studies. 2011, 68(4), 509-518.
· G. Daghrah, R. Al-Sa'ed. Treated Wastewater Impact on Al Qilt Catchment Area-Palestine, Asian Journal of Earth Sciences. 2009; 2(3):58-70.