Water and Environmental Sciences
Contribute to the planning, development, enhancement and preservation of the Palestinian water and environmental resources through offering MSc education, applied research and advanced studies, and professional training within the framework of sustainable partnerships and cooperation locally and globally.
MSc Program in Water and Environmental Sciences program targets non- engineering student mainly, of natural sciences and agriculture. This program concentrates on interdisciplinary water issues related to water quality, soil- water plant relations, instrumental techniques and pollution prevention. Applicants for the Water and Environmental Sciences program must have a Bachelor degree in natural sciences (such as chemistry, biology, Earth and environment) or agriculture, or geography, or any other directly related specialty and seen suitable by the program council.
- Achieve the expectations and visions of many students in the fields of water and environmental sciences
- Provide the Palestinian society with qualified staff in order to play a crucial role in solving water and environmental challenges
- Encompass leading roles in planning, design, and implementation of water, sanitation facilities and provide scientific based solutions.
- Integrated knowledge, developed personal skills, and built human capacity for sustainable water resources and sanitation facilities.
- Satisfied local and foreign market and improved employment opportunities for a large number of MSc graduates in water & environmental fields
- Improved theoretical and applied scientific concepts by graduates with enhanced professional productivity at work place in the fields of water and wastewater technologies, eco-sanitation, EIA studies, IWRM, solid waste management, unit operations and environmental protection.
- Opened PhD opportunities for MSc graduates envisaging improved academic carrier in cross-disciplinary water issues, water quality, water resources management, environmental pollution, water and sanitation, pollution prevention and waste management.
- Open new Career opportunities to work at governmental agencies, local and foreign NGOs, and private sector
- Improved current carrier and occupying new management and key decision making roles
- New opportunities to follow up PhD programs through fellowships offered by foreign academic institutions.
- Entrepreneurships of highly motivated MSc graduates to establish new consultancy centers and advanced labs in water and environmental fields.