Water and Environmental Engineering
Contribute to the planning, development, enhancement and preservation of the Palestinian water and environmental resources through offering MSc education, applied research, advanced studies and professional training within the framework of sustainable partnerships and cooperation locally and globally.
MSc Program in Water and Environmental Engineering targets students with engineering background. This program focuses on water supply and treatment as well as sewerage and wastewater treatment technologies. Applicants for the Water and Environmental Engineering program must have a Bachelor degree in civil, chemical, or mechanical engineering.
- Achieve the expectations and visions of many students in the fields of water and environmental engineering
- Provide the Palestinian society with qualified staff in order to play a crucial role in solving water and environmental challenges
- Encompass leading roles in planning, design, and implementation of water, sanitation infrastructures and environmental facilities and programs.
- Integrated knowledge, developed personal skills, and built human capacity for sustainable water resources and sanitation facilities.
- Satisfied local and foreign market and improved employment opportunities for a large number of MSc graduates.
- Improved theoretical and practical scientific and engineering concepts by graduates with enhanced professional productivity at work place in the fields of water and wastewater engineering and technologies, eco-sanitation, EIA studies, IWRM, solid waste management, unit operations and environmental protection.
- Opened PhD opportunities for MSc graduates envisaging improved academic carrier in cross-disciplinary water issues, water quality, water resources management, environmental pollution, water and sanitation, prevent pollution and waste management.
- Open new Career opportunities to work at governmental agencies, local and foreign NGOs, and private sector.
- Improved current carrier and occupying new management and key decision making roles.
- New opportunities to follow up PhD programs through fellowships offered by foreign academic institutions.
- Entrepreneurships of highly motivated MSc graduates to establish new consultancy firms and engineering offices.