Urban Planning and Landscape Architecture
The Master Program in UPLA, provide the local and international academic institutions with graduates as researchers and lecturers in the field of urban planning and Landscape Architecture.
Provide the local, regional market with professional in the field of urban planning and Landscape Architecture.
Enrich the academic arena with research thesis related to the discipline.
- Developing students’ planning and designing skills in the fields of study, developing their abilities in evaluating the dynamic elements in the surrounding physical environment due to natural, social, economic and political changes in this environment and increasing students’ awareness of the natural environment and its relationship with the planning and designing processes on the various levels of societal cooperation.
Developing students’ abilities in conducting scientific research and enabling them to use scientific methodologies in the field of urban planning and landscape architecture and comprehending the science, skills and means necessary for implementing them. Improving students’ planning and designing practices in the fields of urban planning and landscape architecture in Palestine, enabling Palestinian academic organizations to educate students and to provide them with the necessary skills in the fields of urban planning and landscape architecture. Supporting Palestinian planning organizations on all levels to ensure the integration of all natural elements in the processes of urban planning, as well as to achieve a sustainable development and progress in Palestine.
- Develop knowledge about the principles of regional and urban planning
- Improve the skills in Infrastructure Planning.
- Introduce principles in regional and urban economics
- Improve scientific research methodology.
- Develop urban planning skills
- Improve urban conservation and rehabilitation techniques
- Develop skills in landscape design and construction
- Introduce theories in transportation planning.
- Introduce skills in management of the urban environment.
- Introduce skills in photogrammetry and mapping
- Illustrate and explore landscape history
- Explore Policies and Theories of Planning and Social Issues
- Introduce Land Management theory
- Private urban planning firms (private sector)...
- Governmental sector(ministry of local government)
- Local and international consultancy firms.
- Research Institutions