The program intends to graduate cadre with the basic skills to deal with various cultural source materials, in particular material from archeological sites, to develop them, and to integrate them into various societal venues. As such, to graduate a particular kind of student capable of dealing with primary source material and to use their specialized knowledge in developing the material.
The program seeks to graduate a core of students who are capable of dealing academically with archeological knowledge of Palestine and combining this knowledge with tourist development and cultural heritage.
The program concentrates on three combined areas: first, archeological knowledge; second, administration of cultural heritage; third, tourist development. The graduates will not only be employable in their fields, but they will also be able to create their own kind of independent employment in the area of tourism and heritage.
- to prepare an intellectual cadre with specialize skills in administrative work in the fields of cultural heritage and tourism.
- to create their own theories in the field of archeology and cultural heritage.
- to strengthen a positive societal view towards archeology and cultural heritage as a employable field in tourism.
- to strengthen national identity and the principle of diversity as a basis for collective knowledge.
- to create a cadre with knowledge of the civilizational history of Palestine.
- Build a knowledge bank in Palestinian archeology.
- Knowledge of various schools of knowledge and their effect on theories concerning archeology, cultural heritage and tourism.
- Understanding the principles and basis of the connection between applied and theoretical knowledge in various fields.
- Critical thinking in order to build comprehensive knowledge of the various intellectual fields.
- Measures the various mechanics available to explain archeological proofs.
- Applying acquired technical skills.
- Categorizing various source material in Palestinian archeology.
- Working in a collective environment.
- Combining specialized technical field working skills in order to analyze information.
- Working through various problematics.
- Using critical thinking to build a foundation for discussions and intellectual engagements.
- Reaching the public through various activities.
- Ministry of Tourism and Archeology.
- Teaching in schools.
- Cultural and heritage institutions, especially museums.
- Private sector field of tourism