Major Mathematics/ Minor Economics
The mission of the mathematics department is to provide high quality teaching in various fields of mathematics in order to prepare students for graduate studies or professional careers in mathematical sciences and related fields, and to provide service courses of mathematics to all university departments.
- Provide a broad understanding of the major areas in mathematics.
- Demonstrate the ability to think logically and critically.
- Learn how to formulate, analyze, and solve problems.
- Gain the ability of scientific judgment and applying mathematics to other fields.
- Develop oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate sufficient preparation for graduate courses.
- Know the fundamental facts, principles, and concepts of the discipline.
- Perform the essential mathematical computations/operations.
- Explain the theory / applications of several mathematical areas.
- Investigate and solve math problems.
- Display and interpret data.
- Summarize scientific and mathematical concepts for a general audience.
- Read mathematics critically.
- Create, analyze, and communicate rigorous proofs.
- Utilize appropriate technology and instruments to solve problems.
- Model a significant real world problem and solve it using mathematical techniques.
- Use numerical techniques for solving mathematical problems.
- Appreciation of the dynamic role of mathematics in science, society and history.
- Employ mathematics in research and coursework.
- Communicate mathematical ideas in appropriate contexts both orally and in writing.
- Exhibit ethical and professional behavior.
- Ministry of Education(Schools and administration)
- Palestine Monetary Authority.
- Financial an Establishments.
- Palestinian Central Breuer of Statistics.
- Research centers.
Major Requirements: 56 credit hours from the following courses
Secondary Education Scientific Stream or Equivalent or MATH1351
Major Electives: 12 credit hours Selected from the following courses:
Group 1 (6 credit hours)
MATH courses 300 level or above
MAEC courses 300 level or above
STAT courses 300 level or above
Group 2 (6 credit hours)
ECON courses 300 level or above