The program seeks to deepen the knowledge and research capabilities of law graduates that qualify them acquiring a high degree of knowledge and specialization in the fields of law, as well as enhancement their critique, analysis, pleading and interpersonal skills to enabling them: contribute to the advancement of the legal, judicial and human rights frameworks; respond to the requirements of national development; promote the rule of law; and develop a critical spirit and intellectual dialogue in the chosen field of law in a way that competently and efficiently qualifies graduates to compete in the local and international labor market.
The Program aims at graduating highly qualified jurists by developing the following foundations:
- Students’ legal methodology, critical analysis and legal thinking through focusing on comparative law in all concentrations’ courses;
- Students’ skills in legal research, legal drafting and analyzing judicial decisions by linking theoretic knowledge to reality;
- Providing a variety of specializations in the areas of public, private, economic and financial laws, a primary focus on the following fields is intended: civil law, commercial law, international public law, constitutional law and economic and financial law;
- Students’ capabilities in conducting sound and accurate consultations;
- Furnishing students with appropriate skills and techniques required for working in judiciary, public prosecution, law profession, legal consultations and public service; and
- Offering students better opportunities and necessary foundation for pursuing graduate studies at the Ph.D. level in foreign universities in order to contribute to universities teaching and scientific research.
Furnishing the Palestinian public and private sectors with professional, high knowledgeable and qualified cadres who acquire profound skills in legal critique and analysis. These cadres are expected to contribute effectively to the preparation and implementation of the comprehensive national legal plans on justice sectors and legal frameworks attached thereto. The graduates are also expected to raise the level and quality of law profession, judiciary, and legal counselling.
- Graduates with specialized scientific research skills in the different areas of law own high abilities to conduct original legal research and studies;
- Graduates who are capable of performing scientific analysis of policies and legislative frameworks to assist upgrading the implementation of policies and assessment of quality of legislation;
- Graduates who are able to transmit knowledge gained in terms of creating, implementing and evaluating both the prevailing and desired legal frameworks through advancement the capability of combining theory and practice in the light of comparative experience and best practices;
- Legal cadres capable of devising and formulating creative legal solutions to the issues they face while performing their functions in the public and private sectors;
- Cadres who enjoy skills of analysis and critique, highly capable of responding to the requirements of legal reform and bearing professional and functional responsibilities in line with recent developments in their respective areas of specialization; and
- Graduates who are capable and enthusiastic to pursue higher studies and long-life learning, to furnish local and national institutions with further accumulative knowledge and expertise.
- Justice sectors: legal profession, judiciary, public prosecution, and human rights organizations;
- Legal departments of the public sector institutions: ministries, public commissions, local government units, police and security agencies;
- Private sector: advisors to legal and natural persons, and within the business environment in general;
- Consultations for official and non-official agencies, both domestic and foreign; and
- Teaching in higher education institutions, as well as carrying out studies and research projects for the benefit of various institutions.