The Master program of Applied Statistics seeks to provide high quality of applied interdisciplinary statistics education to wide range background students. The program graduates professionals in statistics who are able to tackle different problems in life sciences, social sciences, humanities, economics and finance.
- Qualify professionals and researchers in applied statistics who have the knowledge, fundamental theories concepts and skills to determine the quality of data, its collection methods, data editing and analysis, in addition to forecasting of future behaviors.
- Develop students’ skills and capacities in using common statistical software and databases.
- Qualify students to contribute in knowledge development in applied statistics and its uses in understanding economic, social and human phenomena in the perspective of local community development.
- Develop students’ skills in technical, academic and scientific report writing and results dissemination.
- Deep knowledge of the principles of data collection methods.
- Deep knowledge of the principles of data analysis tools.
- Knowledge and understanding of research ethics.
- Collect relevant data from multiple sources to address research problems.
- Independently use the appropriate statistical analysis tools in applied research problems in different fields.
- Improve quantitative research methodology.
- Survey implementation including sample design, edit the collected data and check its quality.
- Build quantitative models, identify the specific assumptions and use them in prediction.
- Quantitative evaluation of policies and programs.
- Use different statistical software tools in database management and data analysis.
- Elaborate policy recommendations based on statistical results.
- Professional skills in report writing and statistical results dissemination.
- Develop interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Adhere to the highest standards of ethical and professional behavior.
Statistician; Quantitative researcher in a research or consultancy center; Data analyst; Demographic statistician; Medical statistician; Economic statistician; Marketing analyst; Financial model analyst.