The mission of the Master in Applied Chemistry program is to advance students’ academic knowledge and enhance their scientific research skills in Applied Chemistry. The program prepares students different careers in research, education, and for advanced study at the doctoral level.
- Develop students’ knowledge in various Applied Chemistry fields
- Equip the students with skills needed for industry related careers
- Enhance students’ scientific research and analysis skills
- Enhance collaboration with community based organization and higher educational institutions at the national and international level
- Advance the department’s research activities, chemical industry or professional school.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior, accountability as well as personal and academic integrity and demonstrate time and resource management.
- Enhance and equip graduates with a required knowledge and skills base to enhance employment and career opportunities in the different fields of chemistry.
- Enhance professional qualifications and PhD study in the different fields of chemistry.
- Enhance critical thinking and scientific inquiry in the performance, design, interpretation and documentation of chemical data, at a level suitable to succeed at an entry-level management position in chemical industry or a chemistry PhD program.
- Stimulate and challenge reasoning ability by teaching students to think as scientists.
- Develop the abilities to apply analytical thinking and operating skills to find solution to chemical problems.
- Advance the process and practice of chemical research including analyses methodology and safety procedures and operations in a chemical laboratory.
- Operating several chemically related equipments and instruments.
- Evaluate information and analyze routinely obtained data related to industrial processes
- Develop computational skills
- Enhance the level of understanding the various areas of applied chemistry an applying related information to chemical research and industrial activities.
- Enhance oral and written communication skills, and problem solving abilities.
- Develop quality assurance, quality management and decision making skills based on scientific background.
- Advance teamwork and the ability to tackle a practical work, and analysis of the results, data, arguments and cases.
- Develop literature investigation and provide comprehensive data analysis.
- An ethical attitude and approach.
Graduates of the master in applied chemistry can be employed within the following:
- Management level careers in the governmental sector : including education, various ministries such as Ministry of Environment, Ministry of National Economy, Ministry of Industry, Ministry of Health, the Water Authority and Metrology,
- Private sector: including science and chemistry education,
- Research and development in pharmaceutical companies,
- Industrial sector: including research centers and food industry, and
- Pursuing PhD studies at the international levels.