Master’s program in Clinical Laboratory Science
This program aims at improving the quality of clinical laboratory services through linking theoretical knowledge with practical training. In addition, to provide the society with highly qualified graduates knowledgeable and skilled in utilizing modern laboratory techniques and equipment and using them for diagnostic purposes, in accordance with the plans of the Ministry of Health in Palestine. In addition to the general program, the program offers a concentration in Microbiology and Immunology
Master’s program in Industrial Pharmaceutical Technology
The goal of the program is to graduate qualified individuals in the area of pharmaceutical technology with practical experience in industrial manufacturing and analysis and advanced research skills. The program prepares its graduate to pursue careers in the pharmaceutical industry and regulatory bodies. The program aims to contribute to the development and advancement of the pharmaceutical industry and the quality control and assurance of pharmaceutical products in Palestine in addition to fostering scientific research in this area.
Samih Darwazeh Institute
The Institute aims to introduce new technologies to the pharmaceutical Industry and to apply quality standards to pharmaceutical manufacturing and to create a distinctive collaborative environment between the Institute and local and regional pharmaceutical companies and institutions. In addition to conduct research and advanced training in the field of pharmaceutical manufacturing and analysis .
The Institute provides the following services:
1. Drug product development for pharmaceutical companies.
2. Transferring products that have been developed in the institution to pharmaceutical companies production lines
3. Developing new methods of drug analysis
4. Developing and selecting suitable manufacturing methods and analysis that are compatible with the machines and instruments available at the institute for companies and researchers in our university and other universities
5. Conducting research projects that aim to solve production and analytical problems faced by pharmaceutical companies.
6. Conducting advanced research projects in the field of drug manufacturing that aim to develop the pharmaceutical industry and for research purposes.
7. Training the Master’s of Industrial Pharmacy students.
8. Conducting advanced training sessions for pharmaceutical company employees in topics such as drug manufacturing, quality control and quality assurance via institute staff and international specialists.
Nutrition assessment and counseling at University clinic
Every week (Monday- Thursday) faculty members attend the university clinic for nutrition assessment and counseling. We seek to provide nutrition and lifestyle management counseling for the university community.
The Speech and Audiology Clinic
- The clinic provides diagnosis and treatment in various area of speech/ language and hearing problems. It serves University and local communities. It provides students with practical the relevant training to support their course stage and under the academic staff supervision.
- Services provided by the Clinic include evaluation and treatment of:
- Language Delay in children
- Speech and sound pronunciation problems / Articulation and Phonological Disorders
- Fluency Disorders/ Stuttering problems
- Voice and Resonance Disorders
- Swallowing problems
- Nerve related speech and language problems
- Aural Rehabilitation
- The clinic also provides various hearing tests services required to diagnose the hearing problems and these tests include Otoacoustic emissions OAEs, Pure Tone Audiometry PTA, Auditory Brainstem Response ABR, Tympanometry, Acoustic Reflex Threshold ART.
- The Department of Audiology and speech therapy participates in screening campaigns for speech-language and hearing problems in kindergartens in Ramallah city and its suburbs, with a view to the early detection of these problems and the possibility of early intervention because of its positive impact on children's lives. Furthermore, the department participates in periodical hearing and swallowing problems screening at the Nursing Home in Birzeit.