Who can become a Green Mentor?
- Students studying engineering, health and environmental studies, business, economics, ICT, sciences, or anyone interested in environmental issues – at undergraduate and graduate levels
- Students can apply as individuals or as a team. We encourage multi-disciplinary teams to work together
- We particularly encourage students willing to introduce green practices or products into their family businesses
How it works?
Each year, the B-Hub will announce a green research competition
Each year, 30 student teams will be selected to participate in the competition
Within the competition, student teams with supervision from faculty members will:
- Identify environmental issues caused by operations of particular businesses (e.g., waste from supermarkets, stone quarrying, chemical manufacturer, farmer, etc.),
- Research international best practices in solving similar environmental issues
- Adapt the international practices to the local context – or develop an innovative solution
- Select local companies willing to adopt the environmental solutions, and
- Assist these companies in adopting your environmental solution (with support from our team of technical and business mentors)
The results will be presented to a jury who will select the best team based on clear selection criteria
The winning team will be awarded a study visit to an EU country of their choice.
I want to help my parents’ business to become environment – friendly. Can I apply for the competition?
You will be given priority in the selection, even if you don’t have a team
I want to join the green competition, but I don’t have a team
You can still apply. We will help you join other teams or put together a team.
Our study or graduation project revolves around solving environmental issues; can we apply our project to the green competition?
Yes, if you (i) find local companies willing to adopt your solution and (ii) help these companies in adopting your solution
How many companies should adopt our solution?
At least one
Who will be our supervisor?
An expert with the expertise relevant to the environmental issue you have selected
Will my participation in the mentoring team be considered as a volunteering work obligatory for BZU students?
Yes; we will provide you with an official letter and this will be count towards your volunteer hours – provided that you have completed the assignment satisfactorily with at least one company.
Who will cover my direct expenses?
The B-Hub will cover the transportation expenses for visits to the companies’ business sites