The Human Resources Department at the university offer the faculty and staff a varied range of privileges and services that differ depending on the employee’s ranking. These include:
Savings increment plan
Exemption from tutition fees (only for regular employees)
Studying and training courses
End of service benefits
annual leave system
distinguished employee prize
simplification of work procedures
The General Services Department also offers services to faculty and staff that are related to health, security and public safety, hygiene, food services, transportation, mail, residences, phone services, maintenance of offices and furniture, and logistics.
ATM Services, Banks and Photocopying Services
|Time Schedule||Location||Type of Service|
|All days, exculuding Sundays & Fridays||Al-Maktoum Building- Ground Floor||Bank of Palestine Branch|
|Near the Student Council||Arab Bank ATM|
|Near the Student Council||Bank of Palestine ATM|
|Near the Student Council||Housing Bank ATM|
|Behind the book store||Cairo Amman Bank ATM|
|All days, excluding Sundays & Fridays||Al-Maktoum Building- Ground Floor||Electronics Center|
|All days, excluding Sundays & Fridays||Faculty of Arts & Sciences building, near cafeteria, Faculty of Commerce & Economics building, Faculty of Engineering building, Photocopying services center, near Student Council.||Photocopying Center|
The cafeterias at the University serve different meals, in addition to hot and cold courses.
More information about the cafeterias, and their prices
Health Services (Clinic)
The university offers primary health care (educational, preventive, diagnostic, treatment, follow-up) for workers. It also:
- Transfers patients who require special follow-up with specialized doctors or hospitals.
- Provides dental care service.
- Offers health insurance for employees (To book an appointment at the Clinic, click here).
Safety and protection procedures and systems are in effect at all university sites. Safety instructions and specialized trainings are offered to workers in order to foster a safe learning and working enviornment for students, faculty and staff.
Birzeit University offers the opportunity to rent furnished apartments to applicants from faculty and staff, as well as to guests of the university. Thirty-three apartments are owned by the university and are rented out to 39 employees.
Nursery for Workers’ Children
is located in the ground floor of the Faculty of Education, with a total area of approximately 300 square meters. It consists of three rooms and indoor and outdoor play facilities, equipped with the latest educational and recreational tools for different age groups.
The nursery opens daily at 7:30 a.m. and closes at 4:30 p.m., except for official university events and holidays. The nursery also offers a healthy lunch meal for children in cooperation with the nutrition department at the Faculty of Nursing, Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions. The monthly fee for childcare is NIS 450.
For more information on the nursery, contact nursery staff at 02-2982026, or visit the facebook page.
- The Phone Code: A number given to full-time employees to be able to make calls (local or international), knowing that a specific amount is allocated for official calls, which is not subject for deduction from the salary, while personal calls are deducted from the employee’s salary.
- Business Card: Employee business cards (purchased in full by the university for senior management, and half paid for for other employees) are provided so that staff can identify themselves to other parties. To obtain this business card, the employee is asked to fill out a special form by downloading it here: https://ritaj.birzeit.edu/files/docs/142.pdf
- Laptop and Projector: Employees can borrow laptops and projectors from the Computer Center for using during working hours, when their work requires it.