Faisal Awadallah is professor of Transportation Engineering at the Department of Civil Engineering at Birzeit University, Palestine. He obtained his B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Maryland, USA. He is a registered professional engineer in the State of Maryland. He was a visiting professor at Penn State University, University Park, PA in 1997/1998 and at North Carolina A&T State University, Greensboro, NC in 2011/2012. He was a consulting for many projects in the Middle East, Europe and USA. Dr. Awadallah supervised several master and PhD theses and has numerous journal and conference publications in the areas of traffic engineering and urban planning.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS (LAST 20 YEARS)
- Fini, Ellie H., Buabeng, Felix, Abu-Lebdeh, Taher and Awadallah, Faisal. “Effect of introduction of furfural on asphalt binder ageing characteristics,” Journal of Road Materials and Pavement Design. DOI: 10.1080/14680629.2015.1108219. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14680629.2015.1108219, online since November, 2015.
- Awadallah, F. “Transport and Urban Planning Concepts to Address Sustainability and Environmental Concerns” Sustainability, Eco-efficiency, and Conservation in Transportation Infrastructure Asset Management, Edited by Massimo Losa and Tom Papagiannakis. Taylor and Francis Group, London ISBN: 978-1-138-00147-3, DOI: 10.1201/b16730-113, CRC Press 2014, 777–784
- Awadallah, F. and Fini, E. “Transportation Global Environmental Impact,” Institute of Transportation Engineering (ITE) Journal, Vol. 83, No. 9, September 2013, pp. 43-46.
- Awadallah, F. “Yellow and All-Red Intervals: How to Improve Safety and Reduce Delay?” International Journal for Traffic and Transport Engineering (IJTTE), Vol. 3, No. 2, June 2013, pp. 159-172.
- Awadallah, F. “Options for Achieving Internal Economic Connectivity and Effective International Trade for a Viable Palestinian State,” proceeding of the annual conference of the Palestinian Economic Policy Research (MAS) titled: Palestinian Economy Unity – A Key for Ending the Occupation and for Sustainable Development, January 23rd and 24th, Ramallah, Palestine, 2011 (http://www.mas.ps/files/server/20141911094221-1.pdf)
- Awadallah, F. “Theoretical Analysis for Variable Yellow and All-Red Intervals.” Transportation Research Board 90th Annual Meeting Compendium of Papers DVD, January 23-27, 2011
- Dajani, I., Awadallah, F., and Finn, B. “Public Transport Performance and Tariff Setting – Final Report submitted to the Palestinian Ministry of Transport. The World Bank sponsored the study. World Bank Report No. 54790-GZ, June 2010.
- Awadallah, F., “Intersection Sight Distance Analysis and Guidelines.” Transport Policy(Elsevier), Volume 16, Issue 4. August 2009, pp. 143-150 (DOI:10.1016/j.tranpol.2009.04.001).
- Awadallah, F. “A Legal Approach to Reduce Red-Light Running Crashes.” Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board No. 2094, Transportation Research Board of the National Academies, Washington, DC, USA, August 2009. pp. 102-107 (DOI: 10.3141/2096-14).
- Awadallah, F. “Differential Speed Limit Analysis and Regulations on Rural Expressways.” Road & Transport Research Journal, Vol. 16, No. 4, December 2007, pp. 16-25.
- Awadallah, F., “Theoretical Analysis for Design of Horizontal Curves Based on Actual Discomfort Speed.” ASCE Journal of Transportation Engineering. Vol. 131, No. 11, November 2005, pp. 843-850.
- Awadallah, F., "Incident Detection: Selection of Appropriate Technologies and Methodologies," Road & Transport Research Journal, Vol. 11, No. 2, June 2002, pp. 50-56.
- Awadallah, F., “The Public Transport Challenge in the West Bank (Palestine).” Public Transport International, No. 3/ 2001 (The paper was published in three different versions of the journal, namely in English, French, and German; in addition a short summary of the paper was published in Italian, Spanish, Russian, and Japanese). May 2001, pp. 46-51.
- Awadallah, F., “The Transportation Planning Process For Minimum Available Related Data: Case Study- The Palestinian Self-Rule Areas,” Transport Reviews, Vol. 21, No. 1, January – March 2001, pp. 75-87.
- Awadallah, F., and Habesch, N. “Evaluation of Video Image Processing for Traffic Management Systems,” Transportation Quarterly, Vol. 52, No. 3, summer 1998, pp. 79-90.
- Awadallah, F. “A Theoretical Approach for Minimizing Expressway Peak Period Delays at Urban Locations,” Editors: Recio, J. M., and Sucharov, L. J., Urban Transport and the Environment II, Computational Mechanics Publications, Southampton, UK, 1996.