Faculty Member - Department Of Computer Science
University of Science, Malaysia
Ahmed A. Abusnaina received B.Eng. degree in Computer Systems Engineering from Palestine Polytechnic University (PPU), and MSc and PhD degrees in Computer Science from Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM).
Over the years, thanks to my thirst for knowledge. My academic qualifications are in engineering and sciences (B.Eng., M.Sc. and Ph.D). However, my work experience is blended in nature with strong ties to education, engineering, neuroscience, as well as the industry.
My recent research focuses on utilizing the Computational Intelligence and Neural Networks for wide applications in medicine, biology, physics, engineering and many other research fields. In addition, Brain-inspired Computing by developing more realistic and accurate neurons to the brain neurons is one of the main open research areas. See a list of some published journal articles and conference papers with proceedings.
- Ahmed A. Abusnaina, Sobhi Ahmad, Radi Jarrar, Majdi Mafarja (2018). Training Neural Networks Using Salp Swarm Algorithm. International Conference on Future Networks and Distributed Systems. Amman, Jordan. [Scopus Indexed]
- Majdi Mafarja, Radi Jarrar, Sobhi Ahmad, Ahmed A. Abusnaina (2018). Feature Selection Using Binary Particle Swarm Optimization with Time Varying Inertia Weight Strategies. International Conference on Future Networks and Distributed Systems. Amman, Jordan. [Scopus Indexed]
- Ahmed A. Abusnaina, Rosni Abdullah, Ali Kattan (2018). Self-Adaptive Mussels Wandering Optimization Algorithm with Application for Artificial Neural Network Training. Journal of Intelligent Systems. Walter de Gruyter.
- Moh’d Khaled Shambour, Ahmed A. Abusnaina, Ahmed Alsalibi (2018). Modified Global Flower Pollination Algorithm and its Application for Optimization Problems. Journal of Interdisciplinary Sciences: Computational Life Sciences, Springer.
- Ahmed A. Abusnaina, Rosni Abdullah, Ali Kattan (2018) Supervised Training of Spiking Neural Network by Adapting the E-MWO Algorithm for Pattern Classification. Journal of Neural Processing Letters.
- Ahmed Alsalibi, Putra Sumari, Ahmed A. Abusnaina (2015). Comparison Between State of the Art Garbage Collection Schemes of Flash Memory-based Solid State Disk. The Fourth Asian Conference on Information Systems.
- Ahmed A. Abusnaina, Rosni Abdullah, Ali Kattan (2014). The Application of Mussels Wandering Optimization Algorithm for Spiking Neural Networks Training. 1st International Engineering Conference (IEC2014) On Developments in Civil & Computer Engineering Applications, pp. 197-204.
- Ahmed A. Abusnaina, Rosni Abdullah, Ali Kattan (2014). Enhanced MWO Training Algorithm to Improve Classification Accuracy of Artificial Neural Networks. In Recent Advances on Soft Computing and Data Mining SCDM − 2014, Springer International Publishing. pp. 183-194.
- Ahmed A. Abusnaina, Rosni Abdullah (2014). Spiking Neuron Models: A Review. International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications (JDCTA), Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 14-21.
- Moh’d Khaled Shambour, Khader, A. T., Ahmed A. Abusnaina, Shambour, Q. (2014). Modified Tournament Harmony Search for Unconstrained Optimisation Problems. In Recent Advances on Soft Computing and Data Mining (pp. 283-292). Springer International Publishing.
- Ahmed A. Abusnaina, Rosni Abdullah (2013). Mussels Wandering Optimization Algorithm based training of Artificial Neural Networks for Pattern Classification. In: Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Computing and Informatics, ICOCI 2013, pp. 78-85.
- Ahmed A. A. Abusnaina and Chan Huah Yong (2009). Cooperative MultiAgent System for Solving Packet World Problem in Grid, Proceedings of the 2009 IEEE 9th Malaysia International Conference on Communications, IEEE.